Nintendo Life: The Descendants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the Prowl(Wolf and Mina)

2 posters

Go down

On the Prowl(Wolf and Mina) Empty On the Prowl(Wolf and Mina)

Post by Mistdrake Wed May 13, 2015 4:20 pm

He read over the file once again. Female, 19, successor to Midna, picture of the target. There weren't many details on what she was capable of doing, though there was a sticky note that said something about a dog. The Wolf smirked as he closed the file and tucked it away again. He was in position, now came the waiting. He swung the rifle from over his shoulder and set it on the edge of the roof top. Intel stated that the target would pass by this way at some point and when she did, The Wolf was ready. Hand on the trigger, he began to watch and wait, looking for the moment to strike.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

On the Prowl(Wolf and Mina) Empty Re: On the Prowl(Wolf and Mina)

Post by Avaritia Wed May 13, 2015 6:11 pm

Mina happened to be strolling along in the same area that Wolf was currently hunting in. She was unaware of all of her surroundings, much like the usual victim song and dance went, but that didn't mean she wasn't protected. While she walked, headphones firmly in place and blaring music, she wasn't alone. A little ahead was Harvy, her fluffy husky. Though he didn't look it, he always payed more attention than his owner, often perking his ears back and listening to what's around them while he trotted from person to person looking for stray snacks.

Mina herself was all but deaf at the moment while her music blared into her ears. She had a guitar strung across her back and not a care in the world. Instead, she was intent to do what she always did on lazy days: make a living by, well, doing little to nothing. Reaching a bench in the center square, she took a seat, crossed her legs, and gingerly took the guitar out of its case. It was now that she flicked her music off and moved her headphones to rest around her neck while she fished a pick out of the case and began to absentmindedly strum. "Y'know what, Harvy," she hummed in a sing-song voice. "I have the oddest feeling that something exciting is going to happen today~"
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed May 13, 2015 6:26 pm

"So, that's what they meant by dog." Wolf mused as he saw his target enter his line of sight with the husky in tow. "The fact that they added it to the file leads me to believe it could pose a threat. Good thing I brought more then one dart." He aimed his rifle at the dog first and waited for it to stop moving. He pulled the trigger and heard the quiet sound of the dart being propelled out of the rifle. This was quickly followed by a second dart trained on the girl. If he knew his tools right, and he did, the darts would have them unconscious rather quickly if they made contact with their targets, then it was just a matter of picking up the pieces.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Wed May 13, 2015 6:37 pm

As Mina had been playing, she heard a strange whistling, and turned her head right in time to see something whip past and aim true, striking Harvy. He let out a whimper and fell onto his side, the concoction making quick work in incapacitating the dog. He was out cold, so it was no use to make him change, especially in such a crowded area. She had instinctively dove to try and catch him, though, so the dart aimed for her whizzed by, and she could feel the sharp stream of air hit her back as she did so. She glanced from side to side, seeing no immediate onlookers. Not even Harvy's yelp of surprise had drawn enough attention. Feeling it safe to do so, she tapped Harvy's side and watch as he suddenly was surrounded in black energy and disappeared in a strange mesh of blackened twilight pixels. He was safe back at her home now, traveling through the portal conveniently hovering right above her bed, usually there just in case she didn't feel like walking home.

Satisfied that Harvy wasn't in any sort of danger now, she set her guitar gently against the bench and swung her body around using the momentum of swinging one foot in an arc. Now facing the direction the darts had come from, she balled her hand into a fist and lifted her thumb. She spun her hand once in a circle before focusing it in the direction that Wolf had fired, from, moving it along the horizon until it met the silhouette of him on the roof. Her grin suddenly grew.

"Heeyyy!" she shouted up toward Wolf, unsure if he'd be able to hear. Just in case, she lowered her hand and instead used it in a wide, quick wave. "Why don'tcha come down here? Use another dart and I'll be gone before you can say 'drat'!" To demonstrate, she tapped her guitar and it, too, disappeared after being surrounded in twilight magic. It was now stored neatly in the pocket dimension she still didn't quite understand, but it was safe and out of the way until she summoned it again.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed May 13, 2015 6:54 pm

"Damn." Wolf muttered, realizing his second dart was futile and there was no chance he was going to be able to get another clear shot at her. Slinging the rifle back over his shoulder he rose and readied his reflector. It had been modified and drastically improved by his employer to do more then just turn people around and reflect projectiles. He jumped from the building and went into free fall. Moments before he made contact with the ground he switched on the reflector and landed on his feet casually.

This model of the reflector produced a similar field as the model seen in games but it surrounded the whole user and also absorbed shock in addition to the reflection of projectiles. The draw back was that he couldn't toss it at people, which didn't seem like too awful of a trade off. Some people noticed and started to flee from the gun toting man who just jumped off of a building.

"It's a shame, I really hoped you'd be an easy catch lass. I hate to make a mess and my employer doesn't like to clean them up. So, last chance Lass, come with me peacefully and I'll even put in a good word to my employer. Though if you'd rather do this the hard way, I won't hold back." He put his hand that was lacking the clawed gauntlet on the handle of his pistol. "Take your pick."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Wed May 13, 2015 7:14 pm

Mina watched as Wolf approached, her grin still wide on her face. She did cock her head to the side as he approached, finally getting a good look at him... he was quite the sight, too. He didn't seem to waste time or bother with other people, either. His visible eye held no hesitation... and yet... there was something else. Confident and a good worker. The state of his clothes, the whole appearance thing, the gun. He likes to keep an image, though. He's probably a talker. she decided using her oddly effective intuition and people-reading.

Hearing what he had to say, she held up her hands in mock surrender. "As a musician, I'm a little sad that I don't know how this song and dance goes. Probably something not nearly as catchy as it should be, though," she whistled a slight tune, as if trying to write up a mock song right then and there. From her judgement, she knew that this guy wasn't one to let the last word go, so long as she kept things going, he couldn't stop himself from trying to get the last laugh. It was the only thing she could play on at the moment considering the whole gun thing.

"Oh, wait," she said, still acting as if she weren't intimidated in the slightest. She suddenly switched to singing, repeating the lyrics to a song, "Hangman standing on a twisted 2x4. Built your house, but forgot to lock the door. I'm inside with two black eyes~♫" She paused, glancing him over one more time. "Though yours are more gold. One of 'em anyway. Oh, and if you want to do things the hard way... I don't think it'll end well." She focused on another of her abilities, trying to still stall to figure out just how to handle being around Wolf... she wanted to know more about his 'employer' before she beat a retreat, but she'd need to tread carefully. Summoning up more of her twilight magic, she made the scene around the two shift within Wolf's head. If effective, her power of visions would show police swarm the area, pointing guns toward Wolf with little to nowhere to run and police cruisers lining the streets. He'd be aware it was a vision, but it did hold some truth, and it was still quite a shock to experience how... almost real it felt. Civilians had already seen his gun and fled, after all. There's no doubt that some would call the police.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed May 13, 2015 7:25 pm

"Think you're funny Lass?" Wolf said as she started to sing and he kept getting closer. He truly was unaware of the twilight magic. "Damn, cops. Gotta make this quick then." Rather then surrendering though, he charged. He reached out to grab Mina's throat with his gauntlet covered hand and pulled out his gun with the other. "If anyone one of you get any closer, the girl get's a bullet to the brain!" He called out to the cops, not knowing they weren't there. "Alright lass, come with me or I will shoot you. My employer can find a use for your body whether you're alive or not. I've brought him dead successors in the past before. Last chance."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Wed May 13, 2015 8:05 pm

"Oh," Mina said in surprise. It was more toward Wolf's reaction than his response though, but he would probably be unaware of that fact. The police would appear to pack up and lower their guns, but they wouldn't fade. She thought of making herself fade from his view, but with his sudden grip and the weapon pointed toward her head, it wasn't a likely good option. Instead, the world around Wolf would fade into gradual darkness, and twilight pixels would begin to erupt from the ground. The sky above would grow darker and darker before the sun became almost completely blotted from the sky. From there, one lone Twilight Portal would open, spilling out beastly Shadow Kargaroks and Shadow Beasts that surrounded the two and made an end to all of the human cops, there were much deadlier foes now.

"I have power you could only dream of," Mina hissed, trying to match Wolf's own menacing tone, "You kill me and there's nothing stopping them from ripping you to shreds. You're lucky you caught me in a good mood, if you let go of me with your tail between your legs, I'll consider letting you live... also, tell your employer to stay well away from me, you won't get away twice." Of course, it was all a bluff. The darkness, the beasts, it was all in their heads. This was a fact she was excited for, knowing that if he did let her go, she could watch the embarrassment and the realization of what had just occurred. And for a person like she assumed Wolf was, she knew it'd sting deep, and that thought was enough to encourage her to continue the charade. He was threatening to kill her, after all, she might as well crush his ego before she fled.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed May 13, 2015 8:14 pm

Wolf looked around at the creatures surrounding him. "Impressive work lass. I bet you didn't think of one thing though." He pointed his pistol at one of the creatures and fired a shot. The bullet passed harmlessly through the creature, and the police officer, and didn't make contact with anything till it hit the wall. "That I'd figure out your bluff." He still had one hand on her throat, not tight, just to keep her from running anywhere. "I'll admit, the police were convincing. However, my employer does his homework and does it well. While we may not know everything you're capable of, we sure as hell know you can't really pull a stunt like that. So what is it, holgrams? Or is all that in my head. I'll admit, I'm impressed Lass. Now, do I have to knock you out, or are you going to come willingly?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Wed May 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Shit. Mina thought as she watched the bullet pass through her conjured images. Granted, she was probably too elaborate on her hoax, she'd give him credit for that. She was now slightly peeved, he hadn't reacted nearly like she thought he would, and there was the whole being taken hostage that was now a glaring detail. She hadn't been worried because of her teleportation, but her usual pull toward figuring out just how someone ticked made her feel as if she should stay just a little longer. She'd be tempting fate, though, and wanted to check up on Harvy...

"A magician never reveals her tricks," Mina replied to Wolf, back to her sweeter voice. "Then it's less magical, y'know. And you sure know how to try and take a woman home. I like your persistence, but your approach is horrid." As she spoke, the illusion would fade and leave the two back in the relatively empty town square. "I'll go willingly," she said, "if you answer just one little question..." She didn't quite specify the where to the going, nor that she'd do it with him so it wasn't technically a lie.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed May 13, 2015 8:35 pm

"My employer doesn't pay me to be gentle, he pays me for results." Wolf said in response to her sarcastic remark. "Now, ask me your question and we'll be on our way." He holstered his gun and reached into a pouch on his belt and pulled out one of his darts. "I'll even make the trip smoother for you. I swear you'll sleep like a baby the whole way there."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Wed May 13, 2015 8:45 pm

"How did you find out about me?" Mina asked, already prepared for Wolf to dodge the question, but hoping for an answer. Besides her family, she thought she'd done well in hiding her abilities, for her status as a successor to go unnoticed. She was kind of a princess, after all, and royalty wasn't particularly keen on getting kidnapped most of the time so it was drilled into her head to not let anybody know. She knew she wouldn't learn anything about the 'employer', but she hoped at least that question could be answered.

Her eyes lowered to the dart now in his hand, and she held back a groan. One prick from that and she wasn't sure if she'd be able to disappear in time. She could, however, hold him off. Making sure to hold her right hand behind her back and out of Wolf's sight, she allowed her trusty meat carving knife to form in her hand. It was good for cooking and self defense, what wasn't there to love? If need be, she'd use it to hopefully stall for time to get away. Depending on his answer, she'd know whether to wildly swing it now or later...
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed May 13, 2015 8:51 pm

"I told you, my employer does his homework. He's also got a lot of resources to help him get the information he wants. And what he wants is successors." The Wolf said, not noticing the knife. "Now, sweet dreams lass. You're gonna wake up in a magical place." He pressed the needle of the dart to her neck. "I'd say this hurts me more then it hurts you. But that'd make a liar of me."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Wed May 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Once Mina felt the cool chill of the needle, she knew she needed to act fast. In a blind reaction, she swung the knife toward Wolf as the needle pierced her skin to try and force him a little back. She began to feel woozy, and already had begun to summon forth her teleportation magic. Stumbling, she managed one wink toward wherever Wolf was before the dark power enveloped her. "It was fun," she managed to force out, "maybe I'll... play you a song sometime." The knife she had swung would clatter to the ground as she fell unconscious and was swept away by the magic. She was heavier than her dog, and it was enough to give her that one last bit of consciousness and get away.

Her unconscious body fell through the portal and landed pretty heavily on the bed, narrowly missing the still passed out Harvy. She was back in her apartment and clearly drugged now, helpless. So, if Wolf actually knew where she lived along with her abilities, he'd probably be able to have a chance to get to her long before she or Harvy woke up, especially considering she often neglected to lock her doors and couldn't do so at the moment. Things would be more difficult, but not impossible if he was still intent on her as a target.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed May 13, 2015 9:08 pm

Wolf was surprised by the knife, especially as it sliced through a bit of his shirt. Thankfully he wore a sort of body armor that kept him safe from things that his reflector couldn't. He tried to grab her again but he wasn't fast enough and she teleported away. "Damn it!" Wolf said as he swung at air. He quickly made his way out of the town square and into a back alley. "Sir, she escaped...Yes, I managed to drug her...She can teleport sir and mess with people's heads...Do you want me to pursue sir?" He said using the communicator in his ear. After a few minutes he just chuckled. "Very well sir, I'll return to base and await further instruction."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Wed May 13, 2015 10:15 pm

At first, Mina's sleep had been deep and black, but as time went on, her mind grew more acute, she began to dream. It was her usual, not quite a dream not quite reality, something in the middle. She often lucid dreamt, and this was one of those instances. Looking around the dreamscape, she sat in a darkened world shadowed in Twilight, the kingdom Midna once called home. Except that it was empty, all of the inhabitants long gone... she was sitting atop a throne alone, ruling over a kingdom long dead and desolate. In reality, this was all true. There was nothing for her in the world, no real purpose to living as an incarnate in a land of light. "Great..." she sighed, knowing whatever serum Wolf had used would most likely be longer lasting, "looks like I'll be here for a while... what's the fun of being aware of the dream if you can even change anything..." A Shadow Kargarok flew overhead and she watched it go, leaning back against the crumbling throne.

It wouldn't last forever, though. Eventually she would wake back up in her apartment, not kidnapped. She'd have to look over her shoulder for a while, but the idea almost seemed fun. "I don't think that's the last of Mr. Eyepatch," she sighed, "ah well, I'll be ready next time."

[Topic End]
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum